Friday, September 20, 2019

Are we done yet?

OK, the brevet "season" is winding down. Or is it ramping up? I can't decide.

Headed to Texas next week for the inaugural Hound Dog 1200K. I've had that one in my plan for a while (I believe I was the third person to register for it).

Saw on FB a few weeks ago that my friend Peter Donnan would be putting on a 1200K version of the Geelong Flyer which is basically the 1000K that I did earlier in the year with an extra 200K loop tacked on to make the distance.

I like the people.
I like riding in Australia.
I liked the route on the 1000K.
It's a long flight.
I've been in "it's the end of the year" mode for a bit.
My friend Mr Paterson is doing it along with a number of other friends (Mark Thomas, Tiffany Winchester, Simon Maddison, etc)
It'll be an opportunity to spend time with Peter and Eileen Donnan who are two of my most favorite people.

OK, I signed up.