Monday, March 2, 2020

And so it begins...

Well, I no sooner publish my ride plan than it starts to go to hell. This was posted on the Okayama web site a few days ago:


Due to a novel coronavirus problem, we have directly contacted by the local government that supported our event requested us self-restraint of the event. Also, the Japanese government has requested citizens to suspend, postpone or scale down sporting events for two weeks on the 26th. Now we are considering the possibility of holding the event but have to make a decision. We will inform about this around Friday, March 13. Sincerely. (2020/2/29)

It doesn't really make any sense that they reschedule the Okayama for 1-2 weeks later so my guess is that if they move it it'll be held several months later. Given that my dance card is pretty full, that probably means I'm not going to be able to go.

At this point, I don't really have a plan B for April. It's likely I'll just add a couple of RUSA brevets to my calendar and stay home.

Life in the middle of a pandemic.